Choose from the wide variety of massages and massage modalities offered at Cape Fear Massage & Wellness for your next visit. Descriptions of each massage therapy type and price are included in each description. Contact us now to schedule your upcoming massage today!
- Swedish Massage is also known as the Western or Classic style of massage. Swedish massage therapy is comprised of five basic strokes and their variations: Effeurage, Petrissage, Friction, Tapotement and Vibration. Massage oil or cream is used with smooth, gliding strokes. Swedish massage uses firm but gentle pressure to promote relaxation, ease muscle tension and create other health benefits. It is a classic massage that will ease your stress and allow you to slip into a calm state of relaxation.
Hot Stone Massage
- Hand selected, smooth, flat stones are heated and then lubricated with oil or essential oils used to massage and placed on the body during massage therapy. The therapeutic effects of the heat in the stones is used to relax muscles more deeply. As an extension of the therapist’s hands, massage stones are used to induce deep relaxation and provides a unique experience many find to be tremendously calming and centering.
- Couples massage is a tandem massage experience customized for couples looking to relax together. Massage oil or cream is used with smooth, gliding strokes as Swedish massage techniques use firm but gentle pressure to promote relaxation, ease muscle tension and create other health benefits. It is a classic massage that will ease your stress and allow you and your partner to slip into a calm state of relaxation and tranquility.
Deep Tissue Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage can also be called Deep Muscle Therapy. It is an umbrella term for bodywork systems that work deeply into the muscles and the connective tissue to release chronic aches and pain.
- Designed to remove severe tension, deep tissue massage is a technique used to relieve strain in both muscles and connective tissue below the surface. It helps to improve range of motion and heal injuries below the surface. Great for active people, runners, and those with physically taxing jobs.
- A therapeutic massage is an integrated massage which may include swedish massage, deep tissue, trigger point therapy, and or myofascial release depending on each individual client’s needs. By being able to customize the massage therapy to each client, this allows our therapists to release tension in muscles, increase mobility and range of motion and provides relaxation.
- Our experienced massage therapists offer customized medical massages after reviewing your past & present medical history prior to your appointment. Performing medical massage requires a background in pathology and utilizes specific treatments to work with diseases, pain, and recovery from injury. Medical massage is used to alleviate symptoms, reduce inflammation & promote healing.
- Sports massage is applied to athletes to help them train and perform free of pain and injuries. Massage therapists blend classic Swedish strokes with such methods as compression, pressure-point therapy, cross-fiber friction, joint mobilization, hydrotherapy and cryotherapy to meet the specials needs of high level performance and fitness enthusiasts. Sports massage uses a variety of massage techniques designed to help your body feel freer and stronger. Great for those with active lifestyles.
- Reiki is a healing technique that uses channeling of energy commonly called palm or hands on healing. Through the use of this technique, practitioners transfer universal energy (i.e., reiki) in the form of qi (Japanese: ki) through the palms into the client’s body, which activates the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restores physical and emotional well-being.
Trigger Point Massage
- Trigger point massage utilizes ischemic compression in areas of hypersensitivity in muscles, ligaments, tendons and fascia. These trigger points are defined by their referral of pain to locations in muscles, connective tissues and organs. Trigger point therapy focuses on the release of tension around nerve centers throughout your body. It is great for relieving cramped and overused muscles.
- 30 Minute Swedish Massage – $30
- 15 Minute Detox Foot Soak Add-On – $20
- Buy 5 Sessions (pre-paid) save 20%
- Buy 10 Sessions (pre-paid) save 25%
- We offer 20% off for students, Military, Law Enforcement & Senior Citizens – Thank you for your Service!